The Canadian Corporate Soccer League (CCSL) hosted the annual “Placement Tournament” once again this month. In the course of the two-day event, several new teams had the chance to present themselves on the pitch for the first time. Even though the stakes were high, the atmosphere among the competitors was far from aggressive.
Almost ten years after its foundation, the CCSL is without a doubt still on a path to success. By recruiting some fresh talents before the start of the new campaign, President Albert Zbily and his staff are continuing to build the biggest amateur soccer league in Canada. “Of course, we are extremely proud of our achievements in the past,” said Mr. Zbily, while watching the games from the sideline. “But make no mistake, we won’t lean back now. Our goal is always to keep moving forward. At the end of the day, we fear nothing more than to hear our players not having an ultimate experience after their matches.”
Fortunately, no complaints were heard from any of the team members during this years' “Placement Tournament”. The positive feedback of the participants rather proved the fact that the event could live up to the high standards of the Canadian Corporate Soccer League.
Beside its flawless organization, the “Placement Tournament” was primarily characterized by the promising performances of the 18 new corporate teams. Every single player was able to step up and compete on a decent level. “I think the quality of the games were satisfying, especially considering the league is built upon players with different professional backgrounds,” stated Mr. Zbily. “It doesn’t matter if you are a consultant, a lawyer or a plumber, the important thing is to have fun while wearing your company colours.”
After this exhausting two-day tournament, all of the teams will now have the opportunity to compete with evenly matched opponents and make a lasting impression during the course of the CCSL summer season.
For more information about the upcoming events of the Canadian Corporate Soccer League, visit our homepage. You can find us at: http://www.corporatesoccer.ca
- On the road to the World Corporate Champions Cup
- Team Talk: Carlsberg FC
- Players to Watch: Alexis David
- Tick-tock: Winter soccer registration is now open
- New Frontier: Toronto
- It’s Playoff-Time!
- Players to Watch: Mike Traian
- Team Talk: IATA FC
- Players to Watch: Thomas Texier
- Team Talk : Moment Factory FC - Surpassing our limits
- 3 dayCdnCorpSoccer - On the road to the World Corporate Champions Cup : [Link]
- 10 dayCdnCorpSoccer - Team Talk: Carlsberg FC : [Link]
- 17 dayCdnCorpSoccer - Joueur à suivre: Alexis David : [Link]
- 22 dayCdnCorpSoccer - Tick-tock: Winter soccer registration is now open : [Link]
- 30 dayCdnCorpSoccer - [Link]